I was nominated by Clarina from Clarina Beauty to do this tag. Definitely go check out and follow her blog because it’s amazing and so professional, I love it!!
1. Do you remember your first makeup item? I do indeed. Having an older sister, I was always interested in make-up so when I got a free mascara and eyeliner in an issue of a magazine when I was about 12, I couldn’t wait to try them. Of course, the quality of the make-up wasn’t great and neither was the my application and I remember my sister being very honest in her judgement about how it looked….it wasn’t good.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? It has to have volume and length especially when I wear liquid eyeliner because I still need my lashes to be the center of attention. My holy grail mascara that does all this for me is the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, review here.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? Light to medium coverage is fine for me as my skin doesn’t give me too much trouble so I don’t need a full coverage foundation for everyday use. What to know my secrets into clearer skin, check out my posts here and here.
4. Favourite high-end brand? I’m not that keen on splashing out on high-end make-up because I think the high street brands can do just as good of a job for a smaller price tag. I only ever get high-end make-up when I ask for it on birthdays or Christmases. This Christmas I received the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate bar palette and I love it. Check out my “what I got for Christmas” post.
5. Favourite drugstore brand? Make-Up Revolution I think. Like I’ve mentioned I love pretty much all drugstore makeup brands but I think Make-Up Revolution do a great job with creating really good quality make-up with a little price tag.
6. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? I can easily go out of the house without any make-up but on days I want a little but not a full face, I never miss out filling in my eye-brows.
7. What is your most cherished beauty product? To be honest I don’t think I have one but if I had to say one it would be my Too Faced eye shadow palette as that’s really the only high-end make-up product I own.
8. How often do you shop for makeup? Only when I have to. I’m a major bookworm, (check out my book blog here) and I’d rather spend my money on books than make-up. I only really buy make-up when I need something because it’s running out. I do have a weak spot for make-up brushes though and I actually have a feel-unique order haul post coming soon for you.
9. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely? I spend freely when I need to buy something. I’ve always been quite good with my money and ever since I was young I’ve always been a saver rather than a spender.
10. What type of product do you buy the most of? Probably eye-shadow as that’s the only product I really feel like you need a selection of.
11. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates? Not really.
12. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? Superdrug probably but Boots is good too. I have both in my high-street so I’m sorted on the make-up and beauty front.
13. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I loveeee trying new skincare products but I recently found a really good skincare routine with some amazing products, check it out here.
14. Favourite bath and body brand? LUSH.
15. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains? I’ve never really tried any to be honest.
16. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I don’t think I am. When I can’t be bothered to do my make-up I just won’t do it and have a make-up free day rather than doing it when I don’t want to and not doing it properly.
17. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? YouTube is my make-up class. I watch so many beauty gurus on YouTube that are amazing at applying make-up, especially AlisonLovesJB.
18. What do you love about makeup? Although I tend to stick to the same make-up look all the time as I don’t really experiment, I guess it’s the the fact that it’s your skin and your face and you can do what you want and really express yourself with make-up.
19. Dramatic or Natural Makeup look? Natural all the way. I only time I go dramatic is when I add a wing to my eyeliner…daring I know.
20. Worst makeup-related habit? I guess everyone has said this but it’s not cleaning my make-up brushes as often as I should. My weakness in make-up is buying make-up brushes but I don’t realise until I’ve bought them that it means I have to wash more brushes as well….opsie.
Thanks again Clarina for nominating me. I had a lot of fun doing this tag. I tag everyone whose name begins with an “R” and has a blog dedicated to beauty/makeup/fashion/lifestyle.
If you do this tag be sure to link it to me, I would love to read your answers.
Thanks for reading and supporting my blog. Be sure to click that follow button so you are notified every time I post.