Autumn is when you can bundle up in a big cosy jumper, a beanie and giant scarf to keep the cold out. You can grab a Christmas drink from your local Starbucks or Costa to keep your hands warm and walk through the leaves or sit on a park bench and read a good book.
I think it goes without saying that Autumn…or Fall, depending on where you live, is a gorgeous time of year. The leaves change colour, the cool crisp yet sunny mornings. I love bundling up in my Parker jacket and Ugg boots and going for walks around my old town.
A couple of days ago I decided to go on a walk. Nothing special…I wanted to clear my head and take some pictures for my blog, which I did. But while I was out I realised how much I loved just being myself. I always knew I liked my own company but I always used to spend time with myself reading a good book or having a bath (of course with Lush products) or watching a romantic comedy, I had never actually spent time with myself outdoors and I really enjoyed it.
Going on this walk really made me think about a few things I wanted to do more of this Autumn and Christmas season and walking is one of them. Therefore, I’ve complied a list of five things I want to do more of this Autumn.
1) Go on more walks. I’ve always been a person who would walk instead of drive but I want to just go on walks rather than walking to get to another place. I want to take in the scenery of where I live and really enjoy the outdoors.
2) Take more pictures. I take pictures anyway for my blog and for keep sake but I want to explore my camera more and learn how to take more artistic pictures. (The Costa cup pictures were taken on a walk I took with my boyfriend today. We actually went on the walk just to Costa Christmas drinks/cups + to take pictures for my blog.)
3) Bake more. I love baking, I think that’s partly because my mum does it for a living and she’s always baking at home so I’ve grown custom to it but I always get my mum to help with me. I want to bake more by myself and see the outcome of baking something by myself without any help.
4) Scrapbook more. During the summer I started scrap-booking my summer of memories but I still haven’t finished it, so I would love to get back into scrap-booking and complete my summer memory book.
5) Eat more healthy. I’m eating what I like at the moment, which isn’t good for my waistline, because I haven’t really cared about my figure since my surgery. I know this isn’t good but I can’t really help it, it’s the medication I’m on, it makes you eat bad food….I’m not joking. However, with the Christmas season coming up and all the food and chocolate…yes, chocolate comes under it’s own category, I’ll be eating then I want to try and eat more healthy during the month of November to prepare myself for December.
That’s it for today’s post. I hope you enjoyed it. What things do you want to do more of this season? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to know.
Until Next Time…
(all photos in this blog post were taken by me using my Canon 700D camera)